Saturday, March 28, 2009

Moab Trip April 8-11

Okay, many people have asked for details and a gear list. Here it is...

Ben and I will be leaving Wednesday morning by 7:30am so we can be in Moab by lunch time. We will secure our campsite (its 4 wheeler weekend so its going to be busy) then we will most likely go on a hike.
Thursday will be bike day, please reply if you want to rent a bike or have your own and want to bike with us. Depending on who's coming will determine where we go. For those not biking you will do arches and hike the delicate arch then we will all meet up in the afternoon and see Canyon lands.
Friday will be climbing day and everyone can do this, we have enough stuff and we will most likely hit up wall street or the ice cream parlor (I think thats the name) Friday night we want to travel to goblin valley and camp around there and Saturday morning either hike Little Wild Horse or play with the goblins, then we will leave about 1:00pm on Saturday to head back home. Friday is still up in the air a little so, there are other options for play that day.

Here is the gear list, if you don't have any of these things, let me know and we will find it:

  • Sleeping bag
  • Sleeping pad
  • Tent (we have some and can share)
  • tennis shoes/hiking shoes
  • water bottles
  • backpack/daypack
  • shorts
  • pants
  • t-shirts and longsleeve shirts
  • sweat shirt/jacket (it will be warm in the day and cold at night)
  • socks (clean pair for each day)
  • sandles or flip flops
  • toiletries (we will try and get a campsite with a bathroom but no garuntees)
  • towel/face towel
  • pj's and underwear :)
  • swimsuite in case we can poach a hot tub
  • hat
  • sunscreen
  • flash light or headlamp
  • pillow (optional)
  • any gear you have (bike, climbing shoes, harness, stove, lantern, etc)
We can either go in together on food or fend for ourselves, I would appreciate some feedback on this before Monday the 6th so I can plan and go shopping at Costco if I need.

If you are going to bike let me know, I can tell you the best places to rent and what you will need to bring for that. Ben and I want to do two rides, one advanced and one intermediate...so just let me know who wants to do what.

This is going to be fun. I'm excited. Just respond to this post or give me a call. 801-520-6658.

5 comments:

ilikewinter said...

I totally want to come- I saw it on the calendar. I have a class Thurs. night and a wedding Sat., but it's in St. George, so it might work. How many people are you inviting?

P.S. My bike was found. =D

Rae and Ben said...

Congrats on finding your bike. That doesn't happen very often. I invited a bunch of people. We are taking the interns down from my work, most likely about 10-15 people total. Should be a good time. You guys should come and camp with us.

CO2 said...

Ok, so I don't have any camping stuff :(

How much is it to rent a bike?

Also, can we do carpooling? If so, can I leave my car in your garage? I'll have my computer....basically everything in my current room will be in my car. My lease ends on the 10th so everything has to be out and I don't want to leave my car out in plain site.

Can't wait!

Unknown said...

I'm with Cendy, how much does it cost to rent a bike? I'm super excited for this :)

Desarae Lee said...

Yay! But where will I charge my camera?