Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 367 or something like that

It's been a while eh? The blog has gone unmanned, or unwomaned as the case may be, for sometimes because our computer broke, we didn't have internet and so many other excuses I could probably think of. Either way, we are about 10 months into our stay in Washington.

For a quick update, we have moved into a cute little house in Shoreline, about 15 north of Seattle downtown. We call it the hobbit house, but it has a nice big fenced in yard for the dogs and a plethera of herbs for me to experiement with. We have strawberry, rasberry, bluberry bushes, and a grape vine, we have three types of poppies, daisis and all sorts of other beautiful plants. There is a fire pit and a stone pizza oven in the back. There is a small studio thing (room, house, whatever) with a composting outhouse toilet. The dogs love the yard and I think they like Washinton, there are dog parks galor and human parks that we take the dogs to. There are great biking and hiking trails that allow dogs as well. This town was made for fun in the sun, er...i mean cloud cover.

It's a very bike friendly sitty, but I still have been yelled at, had a bottle thrown at me and other funny things while road riding. But there are plenty of bike lanes and paved trails to get around. There are plenty of off road trails and plenty of parks to practice drops and jumps. It's like a breeding ground for air crazed bikers. There are also a bunch of girls that bike, I've met a number and they've been cool enough to let me ride with them sometimes.

Ben is spending much of his time at Shoreline Community College, taking 12 credits this summer. He has that same love/hate relationship with school I think we all have. He is doing well and working at a care/rehab facilty about 5 minute from the house. He is also starting to bike and has found plenty of climbing around and a few friends to climb with as well.

Our ward is fantastic. We have made a lot of friends who we enjoy. We both have callings, Ben coordinates the building and I am the Laurel advisor and Personal Progress person. We have great girls in our ward, I truly love working with them. They are impressive young women.

My job is crazy busy, suprised? I can work normal hours sometimes and not others, just the way it goes I guess.

Well, here is hoping I can keep up with more blogging in the future, cool ideas and thoughts I hope, talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

Rae and Ben said...

And just for the record I meant 267. :)