Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 3

That's it, day 3 at the new job, day 5 in Washington. Today I long lined for a hippotherapy treatment session. We went outside and on a huge dirt road. This road is gated off for cars and almost gated off for horses except for a small opening on each side. Apparently the horses are cool with this narrow way of passage and the sidewalkers are as well, the problem is if the driver is newer to these narrow ways of passage (me) then the steering is as great and some sidewalkers is smashed. :) hehe. Luckily the therapist and volunteers were very patient with me and understand that they won't get smashed every time. :)

Then I taught a private lesson to the cutest little boy. I feel much more in my element with the private lessons, that is what I have been mostly doing at the NAC. We had a pretty good lesson, it went by fast of course, but afterwards the volunteers said that I really connected with him and he was the most responsive they have ever seen him. They said for whatever reason he was way more focused then usual. So, just a little patting myself on the back because I have felt a little overwhelmed and under qualified. To have an obvious success made me feel much better.

On a lighter note...I found two pairs of my underwear on the bathroom counter this afternoon, folded and possibly cleaned. I'm not sure how they got there and whey they were clean. I set them in my room on top of my black duffel bag. I came into my bedroom the other day and my pile of dirty underwear, on top of my black duffel bag, was knocked over. I didn't think anything of it really because I could have done that myself. But now finding the loose underwear in a place I didn't put it, I think the dogs have been rummaging through my stuff to see if they found anything they liked. Apparently they like my underwear very much and have been wearing it around all day while we were out. :)

Things are going well and I am having a great time, my brain is working over time and it feels good. I miss my hubby even more and am just trying to keep myself busy so I don't have to think to much about missing him. I sure love him and can't wait to have him here.

Until we speak again...

No comments: