Saturday, August 14, 2010

sunny day at the puget sound

It's the kind of day where the sun makes all the leaves look neon green when it shines. It's the kind of day where everything looks happy because the sky is blue and the sun is kissing everyone. We went to the beach today, we being me, Sydney and Turkish. We thought a hot summer day was the best day to sit on the shore with a breeze blowing. Turkish played fetch and swam probably a half a mile just going out, getting ball and coming back. A girl in a green shirt and white pants said he looked like a little motor boat, he left a wake behind him because he was so excited to get his tennis ball. Sydney decided she would only play fetch when she didn't have to get wet. She is a little prissy that way...she will tip her toes in, but that's about it. Every now and then I threw the ball accross the beach so she could play too. I sat on a flat rock and sunned my ghostish legs while I studied.

At one point a big freight train came by (this beach is lined with three railroad tracks that are used often). Turkish dropped his ball and ran to me with his stub of a tail "between his legs". He jumped on the rock next to me and sat as close as he could possibly get. Whenever the train made a lowder noise he would shuffle and try and get closer. Sydney just sat there and watched as to say, "chill out man, it's only a train". It was really funny until after the train left I realized I was all wet and hairy on my left side. :)

We had fun and we got our fill of Vitamin D. I love summer here, it's the pefect temp and it's actually sunny. I hope it stays summer unseasonably long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I just found your blog. Crazy! We miss you guys!